When I completed my treatment for cancer in January, I thought to myself, "It is over ... I can have my normal life back!"
But I'm beginning to realize that going back to my 'old normal life' is impossible. A few reasons why:
- ongoing medical tests for cancer;
- never-ending 'pins and needles' sensation in both arms;
- lifelong numbness in my left side where the cancerous tumor was removed;
- possibility of being stricken with lymphedema, of which is irreversible, due to the removal of more than half of my lymph nodes from the surgical area; and
- constant wondering, "Will it come back again?"
However, there are a few benefits of this new life of mine:
- A deeper intimacy with Jehovah;
- A deeper intimacy with my wife;
- A new appreciation for life;
- A new awakening of inner perspectives; and
- A new mindset of "don't sweat the small stuff" in life.